In February 2017, Ivy Storehouse stood in solidarity with our supportive audience against police brutality by including the Pearl Power T-shirt within the Ivy Box. Disappointingly, this same kind of injustice continues to plague the Black community, viciously taking the lives of our beloved brothers and sisters.
In light of this unrelenting injustice and at the request of many members of our amazing audience, Ivy Storehouse recently rereleased the Pearl Power t-shirt, a distinctive and powerful collectible. While we planned for a robust response, we were both honored and encouraged when the Pearl Power t-shirt sold out within 24 hours of rerelease. This incredible expression of support demonstrates the raw and real desire of the Ivy Storehouse audience to be seen and heard together in these troubling times.
Wholeheartedly, Ivy Storehouse shares that passion for justice and reform. In honor of our audience and those personally affected by the pervasive injustice in our communities, we are donating the profits from the Pearl Power t-shirt to the following organizations and individuals:
- $10,000 donation to the George Floyd GoFundMe account, which was established to cover funeral and burial expenses for Mr. Floyd and to assist his family, as they seek the justice they deserve. A portion of these funds also go to the Estate of George Floyd for the benefit and care of his children and their educational fund.
More information can be found at https://www.gofundme.com/f/georgefloyd
- $10,000 donation to the Ahmaud Arbery GoFundMe account, created to assist Mr. Arbery’s mother Ms. Wanda Cooper-Jones and her immediate family with financial support during this extremely difficult time and in their fight for justice.
More information can be found at https://www.gofundme.com/f/i-run-with-maud
- $10,000 donated to the Breonna Taylor GoFundMe account established to provide financial support to Ms. Taylor’s family in their pursuit of justice for their daughter and sister.
More information can be found at https://www.gofundme.com/f/9v4q2-justice-for-breonna-taylor
- $10,000 donation to the Movement for Black Lives, a system of dedicated individuals and organizations who have created a shared vision and policy agenda to win rights, recognition and resources for Black people. The Movement for Black Lives is a fiscally sponsored 501c3 at the Alliance for Global Justice. Donations are used to promote political engagement among Black people, train and develop Black leaders, empower minority communities and develop electoral strategies.
More information can be found at https://m4bl.org/about-us/
- $10,000 donation to The Bail Project, Inc. which has a mission to combat mass incarceration and reshape the pretrial system in the United States. 100% of their online donations are used to post bail bonds and bring people home. Since bail money comes back to the organization at the closing of cases, the organization recycles every dollar donated at least twice per year.
More information can be found at https://secure.givelively.org/donate/the-bail-project
- Annual Ivy Box Subscription to Krystle Smith, a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha who was captured on camera admonishing a fellow police officer for his assault on a peaceful protestor. Without hesitation, Officer Smith took a courageous and powerful stance against police brutality. We celebrate and honor her with an annual Ivy Box gift subscription.
Determinedly, Ivy Storehouse mirrors the spirit of our audience and their efforts to make a difference within our communities. We are stronger together. And with the help of our incredible audience, we will continue to use our platform in our steadfast pursuit of justice and equality for Black lives.
Make a difference about something other than yourselves. – Toni Morrison